Buttock Enlargement London
- Why have a Buttock Enhancement?
- What is Buttock Augmentation, Enhancement?
- What are the benefits of a Buttock Augmentation, enhancement?
- Am I the ideal patient for Buttock Augmentation, enhancement?
- Does a Buttock Augmentation require a general anaesthetic or hospitalisation?
- How long is the procedure?
- What reassurance do I have with the Buttock Shaping, Augmentation?
- How long is the recovery time following Buttock Enhancement?
- What about the results?
- How long do the results last following Buttock Augmentation?
Buttock Augmentation, (Also reffered to as Buttock Implants or Buttock Reshaping) is a Plastic Surgery operation to enhance the volume and shape of the buttocks, using Implants, Fat grafting to achieve a fuller more shapely, aesthetically pleasing body contour.
Why have a Buttock Enhancement?
Buttock Augmentation is performed to enhance the shape of the buttocks using Implants, Fat Grafting to achieve a fuller shaplier figure. The use of Buttock implants to inrease the volume and improve the shape of the buttocks. Buttock reshaping aims to give a fuller aesthethtically pleasing buttocks and improve self esteem.
Many women and men are self conscious about their flat buttock shape and despite rigorous exercises to improve gluteal muscle tone and size remain unhappy with their buttocks. Buttock reshaping surgery with implants or fat grafting aims to provide a natural aesthetically proportionate figure that allows the patient to wear clothes of their choice and feel confident about their shape. Flat buttocks is commonly genetic but may result following weight loss, illness or natural aging.
The choice of Buttock augmentation surgery is determined by your goals and personal anatomy and the options will be discuss at the time of your consultation. The three options currently available include – non-surgical injectable products, fat grafting and Buttock Implants.
Remember Buttock Augmentation will not change you or solve any life crises, but should boost your self-confidence and enjoyment of life.
Before Your Surgery
- Implant types – Silicone implants, round, or oval are used for your Buttock Augmentation with Implants.
- Size – Depending on size desired – augmentation, as well as existing shape of your buttocks.
- Smoking – Essential to stop at least 3 weeks before Buttock Augmentation – Implants surgery and until wounds are fully healed or at least 2 weeks after.
- Drugs – Avoid aspirin/ibuprofen type analgesics for 3 weeks before and after your Buttock Augmentation surgery.
Your Buttock Augmentation, Implants Surgery
- Scars – In middle of lower back between your buttocks for the Buttock Augmentation Surgery.
- Position – Buttock Implant is placed deep to the Gluteus maximus muscle or under the fascia depending on your particular size & shape.
- Sutures – The incision for Buttock Augmentation Surgery is closed with buried, dissolving sutures.
- Drains – Surgical drains are used during Buttock Augmentation and are removed when significant drainage stops.
- Dressings – Water proof dressing is applied over the incision at the end of your Buttock Augmentation for 2 weeks and support garment is required for 6 weeks after your treatment.
After Your Surgery
- Garment – Worn day and night for 3 weeks, then a further 3 weeks during the day after your Buttock Augmentation Surgery. Sitting – Will be uncomfortable for 2 weeks, use soft cushion following Buttock Augmentation.
- Exercise – Avoid vigorous exercise for 6 weeks following your Buttock Augmentation / Implants.
- Showering – Permitted on Day 2 after your Buttock Augmentation – Implant surgery.
- Care of scars – Apply Micropore tape (1 inch) along the scar for 3 months to prevent stretching and accelerate scar softening. Vit. E creams may be used after this period.
Potential Problems / Risk
Following your Buttock Augmentation – Implant Surgery
- Pain – Moderate discomfort expected. Avoid Aspirin/Ibuprofen for 2 weeks after your Buttock Augmentation Surgery – Implants.
- Bruising – Common but mild following Buttock Augmentation – Implants, may last for 2 -3 weeks.
- Wound – Occasionally, mild infection. Rarely, serious infection requiring antibiotics and possible removal of the implant (Risk less than 0.5 %). Rarely,haematoma (blood collection) that may require drainage.
- Sensation – Some diminished sensation is expected around the scar following Buttock Augmentation with Implants. Return to normal may take up to 3 months
- Firmness – Buttocks will be initially swollen and firm. Uncommonly, the firmness of the Buttocks – Implants persists or recurs some months post-operatively. This may alter the softness or shape of the implant, or cause discomfort. (Risk of capsular contracture less than 5 %).
- Seroma – fluid collection around implant, uncommon but may require removal of the implant.
- Rupture – Implant rupture is very rare.
Before and after images
Schedule A Consultation
In The Media
Mr. Christopher Inglefield and London Bridge Plastic Surgery regularly feature in the media.