Male Breast Reduction London
- What is Male Chest Reduction, Gynaecomastia Surgery?
- What are the benefits of Male Chest Reduction, Gynaecomastia Surgery?
- Am I the ideal patient for Male Chest Reduction, Gynaecomastia Surgery?
- Does Male Chest Reduction Surgery require a general anaesthetic or hospitalisation?
- How long is the Male Chest Reduction Surgery?
- What about the scars following Gynaecomastia Surgery?
- Will a special garment be required after Male Chest Reduction Surgery?
- Can Gynaecomastia Surgery be performed at the same time as other procedures?
- What reassurance do I have with Male Chest Reduction Surgery, Gynaecomastia Surgery?
- How long is the recovery time?
- What about the results of Male Chest Reduction Surgery?
- What are the risks of Male Chest Reduction Surgery?
- How long do the results last?
- Is there an alternative to a Gynaecomastia Surgery?
- What is the cost of Gynaecomastia Surgery?
Male chest Reduction (Commonly referred to as ‘Man Boobs’), Breast Reduction, or Gynaecomastia surgery is a Specialist Plastic Surgery operation to remove the abnormal fat and, or breast tissue, commonly called Moobs or ‘Man Boobs’., to achieve a more natural male appearance of the chest. VASER Liposelection provides the most up to date procedure for a natural result.
Male Chest Reduction, Male Breast Reduction is performed to reduce the size of the abnormal breast development to normal. Gynaecomastia surgery is carried out to improve body shape and self-image enabling you to wear the clothes you want. Male Chest Reduction is performed to restore a more natural male appearance to the chest.
Male Breast development, Gynaecomastia either true breast tissue or fat deposition, is common during puberty. However, this physiological gynaecomastia usually resolves in the majority of young men. Approximately 10% of young men have persistence of the breast development, and this can cause significant psychological problems. Rarely, Male breast development, Gynaecomastia results from tumours of the breast or abnormal hormonal production from other tumours. These will need to be excluded prior to any treatment for gynaecomastia, blood tests and Ultrasound scans may be required.
Male Chest Reduction, Gynaecomastia surgery will involve liposuction (PAL), or VASER and surgical excision; minimal incision glandular excision – MIGE. The type of gynaecomastia surgery procedure required to achieve the best result will depend on the amount of fat deposit and breast tissue present. Rarely is it necessary to remove skin from the breast, therefore scarring should be minimal. With large Male Breast enlargement, a 2 stage gynaecomastia surgery may be recommended. A careful assessment will be required and the optimum gynaecomastia surgery will be discussed at the time of your Consultation.
Remember gynaecomastia surgery will not change you or solve any life crises, but should boost your self-confidence and enjoyment of life.
A combination of Liposuction, PAL liposuction, and minimal incision glandular excision MIGE, is employed.
Male Chest Reduction, Gynaecomastia Surgery – Operation Summary
Before Your Surgery
- Types of Male Breast enlargement – Gynaecomastia- Either fat or breast development, commonly combined.
- Weight – Should be close to ideal weight in order to achieve optimal result. – May require to diet before your gynaecomastia surgery.
- Smoking – Essential to stop at least 3 weeks before gynaecomastia surgery and until the wounds are fully healed or at least 2 weeks after.
- Drugs – Avoid Aspirin/Ibuprofen type analgesics for 3 weeks before and after your gynaecomastia surgery.
- Important – May be necessary to rule out pathological causes Gynaecomastia.
Your Male Chest Reduction Surgery
- Scar – Around nipple lower 1/2 circumference,and/or stab for liposuction at the time of your Gynaecomastia surgery.
- Sutures – Dissolving,buried are used during your Gynaecomastia surgery – no sutures need to be removed.
- Dressing – Waterproof dressings are underneath a bulky dressing. You will wear a support garment day and night for 3 weeks and then during the day for a further 3 weeks following your Gynaecomastia surgery.
After Your Surgery
- Garment – Firm lycra garment worn for 6 weeks following your Gynaecomastia surgery.
- Exercise – Avoid vigorous exercise for 6 weeks following your Gynaecomastia surgery. – Avoid heavy lifting,including shopping bags and babies.
- Swelling – Moderate expected, resolves in 3 – 6 weeks.
Potential problems / Risks
- Pain – Moderate discomfort expected after your Gynaecomastia surgery. Avoid aspirin/ibuprofen analgesics that can increase bruising.
- Bruising – Common,may last for 2 to 3 weeks following your Gynaecomastia surgery.
- Wound – Occasional mild infection – Very rarely,serious infection or haematoma (blood collection) requiring drainage following your Gynaecomastia surgery.
- Seroma- Fluid collection under skin, may require drainage (aspiration) at your follow-up visit.
- Numbness – Nipple sensation diminished post-operatively but usually improves after 6 weeks to 3 months following your Gynaecomastia surgery.
- Skin numbness is common but sensation usually returns after 3 – 6 weeks.
- Scars – Rarely thickened/hypertrophic,may cause tethering to underlying pectoral muscle.
Before and after images
Schedule A Consultation
In The Media
Mr. Christopher Inglefield and London Bridge Plastic Surgery regularly feature in the media.