Feeling Down About the Size of Your Breasts?
Unhappy about your breast size? You may benefit from a breast-augmentation procedure. Breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgery with the aim of increasing breast size and projection.
The surgeon’s goal is to enhance the patient’s proportions and create a more aesthetically pleasing breast profile. The procedure isn’t set in stone; rather, it changes based on the patient’s needs. It is done through the placement of silicone or saline breast implants.
Women undergo breast augmentation for a variety of reasons, including the following:
• Restoring breast fullness after breastfeeding and pregnancy
• Feeling more comfortable in swimsuits and other clothing
• Complementing curvy hips with larger breasts
The modern woman has tons of choices when it comes to breast augmentation. Different surgeons offer different packages with varying levels of customization. The only way to know what is available is with a consultation at London Bridge Plastic Surgery.
Some of the things to talk to your surgeon about include the following:
• Filling type – Potential implant fillings include saline solution and silicone gel. Each option differs in terms of cost, feel, and incision requirements. Speaking to your surgeon will give you a clearer picture of which option is better for you.
• Shape – Saline and silicone gel implants are usually round. When you go for a round option, you will usually achieve a fuller upper pole, which is the higher part of your breast. Cohesive silicone gel implants may be teardrop-shaped, or anatomical. These implants give you a nice gentle sloping look to your breast profile.
• Profile – Every woman is different, and each has her own unique proportions and aesthetic goals. In general, smaller-framed patients require higher-profile implants to see desired results. This also ensures that the implants aren’t too wide at the base.
• Size – Breast implants come in a wide variety of sizes. They range anywhere from 150cc to 800cc. Based on your existing breast size, goals, and the surgeon’s recommendations, you can choose a size you are confident in and comfortable with.
What Do Women Experience After Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is typically performed using general anesthesia. In these cases, it will be important to arrange for a ride home from a friend or family member after the procedure.
Following your surgeon’s advice is crucial to the success of your surgery. Ask them all the questions you might have so that you don’t have any questions or worries going into the surgery.
Strenuous activities should be avoided for about three to four weeks following the surgery. Examples of these include heavy exercise, sports, and heavy lifting. Wearing a post-surgical bra will also be very helpful for recovery.
Getting Started with Breast Augmentation
With so many options and choices, it is important to choose the right surgeon with the expertise to help you reach your goals. Choosing the right surgeon is just as important a choice as choosing a filling type, shape, profile, and breast size.
At London Bridge Plastic Surgery, our staff is made up of several skilled and well-respected medical professionals. They have the experience needed to get you the results you want, so contact us today for your consultation.