Heavy Breasts Can Cause Major Problems
Overly large breasts can cause a wide range of physical problems, from neck pain to irritating rashes to posture issues. Luckily, breasts can be reduced in size with the help of breast-reduction surgery, which can lead to increased comfort and an easier lifestyle.
The Issues That Result from Oversized Breasts
Here are some of the various issues caused by oversized breasts:
• Bra straps cutting into the skin: This is a sure sign of problematic breast size. The weight of oversized breasts puts pressure on the bra cups, which in turn pull on the straps with an inordinate amount of force, marking the skin around the shoulders and causing discomfort.
• Persistent back, shoulder, and neck pain: Constantly present back, neck, or shoulder pain is often a sign of heavy and problematically large breasts. When breasts get too large in proportion to the body, they put stress on various joints and muscles, causing pain. Both surgery and physiotherapy are used in such cases to ease the pain.
• Poor posture: The weight of oversized breasts can cause a woman to experience posture issues. Having lighter breasts can change the affected posture of the body for the better.
• Rashes under the breasts: Excessive skin folds under the breast due to large breast size can result in various kinds of rashes and infections underneath the breasts. The presence of such infections is a clear sign of breasts being too large, and breast-reduction surgery can provide relief from such conditions.
• Difficulty with physical activities: Excessively large breasts become hard to manage and can get in the way of ease of movement. This causes trouble with a variety of physical activities, including exercise routines and sports. A significant number of women who undergo breast-reduction surgeries do so because their breast size does not allow them to practice a healthy and athletic lifestyle.
• Trouble finding clothes that fit: Having oversized breasts can make it difficult to find clothing that fits correctly.
Breast-reduction surgery is a way to remove tissue from the breasts, making them lighter and in better proportion with the rest of the body. This helps to alleviate chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain, makes it easier to participate in physical activities and find better-fitting clothes, lessens the chance of rashes, and eliminates deep bra-strap marks.
The procedure begins with the administration of anesthesia to make the patient more comfortable. After this step, precise incisions are created in the chest area to allow for the removal of breast tissue, excess fat, and loose skin. The areolae may be resized and repositioned as needed to fit the breasts’ new reduced appearance.
To finish the procedure, the skin is tightened and the incisions are closed with the help of surgical sutures. The incisions are also dressed to help avoid infection.
Find Out More
Are you ready to change your life for the better with breast reduction? Contact London Bridge Plastic Surgery today and set up a consultation with one of our experienced and skilled medical professionals.