Buttock Lift London
Improving the hip buttock contour can be an important goal for many individuals due to hereditary, ageing or weight loss. Buttock augmentation surgery to improve self-confidence. Buttock enhancement surgery can be either with Gluteal Implants or Autologous Fat Transfer AFT / Brazilian Buttock Lift, or sometimes with a combination of both these procedures. At London Bridge Plastic Surgery we recommend 3D Body Imaging as part of your consultation process to better understand and define your goals and plan the procedure which will provide you with the optimum result.
Before Your Buttock Implant Surgery
- Implant types – Silicone implants, round, or oval are used for your Buttock Augmentation with Implants.
- Size – Depending on size desired – augmentation, as well as existing shape of your buttocks.
- Smoking – Essential to stop at least 3 weeks before Buttock Augmentation – Implants surgery and until wounds are fully healed or at least 2 weeks after.
- Drugs – Avoid aspirin/ibuprofen type analgesics for 3 weeks before and after your Buttock Augmentation surgery.
Your Buttock Augmentation, Implants Surgery
- Scars – In middle of lower back between your buttocks for the Buttock Augmentation Surgery.
- Position – Buttock Implant is placed deep to the Gluteus maximus muscle or under the fascia depending on your particular size & shape.
- Sutures – The incision for Buttock Augmentation Surgery is closed with buried, dissolving sutures.
- Drains – Surgical drains are used during Buttock Augmentation and are removed when significant drainage stops.
- Dressings – Water proof dressing is applied over the incision at the end of your Buttock Augmentation for 2 weeks and support garment is required for 6 weeks after your treatment.
After Your Surgery
- Garment – Worn day and night for 3 weeks, then a further 3 weeks during the day after your Buttock Augmentation Surgery. Sitting – Will be uncomfortable for 2 weeks, use soft cushion following Buttock Augmentation.
- Exercise – Avoid vigorous exercise for 6 weeks following your Buttock Augmentation / Implants.
- Showering – Permitted on Day 2 after your Buttock Augmentation – Implant surgery.
- Care of scars – Apply Micropore tape (1 inch) along the scar for 3 months to prevent stretching and accelerate scar softening. Vit. E creams may be used after this period.
Potential Problems / Risk
Following your Buttock Augmentation – Implant Surgery
- Pain – Moderate discomfort expected. Avoid Aspirin/Ibuprofen for 2 weeks after your Buttock Augmentation Surgery – Implants.
- Bruising – Common but mild following Buttock Augmentation – Implants, may last for 2 -3 weeks.
- Wound – Occasionally, mild infection. Rarely, serious infection requiring antibiotics and possible removal of the implant (Risk less than 0.5 %). Rarely,haematoma (blood collection) that may require drainage.
- Sensation – Some diminished sensation is expected around the scar following Buttock Augmentation with Implants. Return to normal may take up to 3 months
- Firmness – Buttocks will be initially swollen and firm. Uncommonly, the firmness of the Buttocks – Implants persists or recurs some months post-operatively. This may alter the softness or shape of the implant, or cause discomfort. (Risk of capsular contracture less than 5 %).
- Seroma – fluid collection around implant, uncommon but may require removal of the implant.
- Rupture – Implant rupture is very rare.
Q: What is Buttock Augmentation, Enhancement?
A: Buttock Augmentation, Buttock Enlargement, Reshaping aims to improve or enhance your buttocks. Various surgical and non-surgical options are available for Buttock Augmentation or reshaping and the most appropriate treatment will depend on your goals and existing size and shape. Buttock reshaping or augmentation can be achieved with Autologous Fat Grafting / Buttock Lift (Brazilian Lift), Buttock Implants, and these options will be discussed with you at the time of your consultation.
Q: What are the benefits of a Buttock Augmentation, enhancement?
A: Buttock Augmentation, enhancement aims to improve or restore your shape and fuller buttocks to fit your normal proportions better or simply enhance your buttocks to boost your self-confidence, allowing you to wear the clothes you desire.
Q: Am I the ideal patient for Buttock Augmentation, enhancement?
A: You should have a realistic goal of what you would like to achieve and understand the limitations of any of the options available for Buttock Shaping with Implants, Fat Grafting. We use 3D Body Imaging to fully understand your goal of Buttock Enhancement or Shaping to ensure that the optimum treatment or surgery is utilized for you. Your general medical health is an important factor in your desire to achieve an improved shape. You will be advised to avoid smoking before and after your surgery or treatment.
Q: Does a Buttock Augmentation require a general anaesthetic or hospitalisation?
A: Buttock Augmentation, Enhancement is carried out under local anaesthetic as an out-patient procedure. Augmentation using Autologous Fat grafting / Buttock Lift (Brazilian Lift), or buttock implants is performed under a general anaesthetic with usually one night stay in hospital.
Q: How long is the procedure?
A: Buttock Shaping usually takes 1 hour, while buttock augmentation with implants is performed in about 1 ½ – 2 hours. Autologous Fat grafting to the buttocks (Brazilian Lift) can take up to 2 ½ – 3 hours.
Q: What reassurance do I have with the Buttock Shaping, Augmentation?
A: At London Bridge Plastic Surgery, our aim is to provide the highest standard of care possible whether it is Buttock Augmentation with Implants or Autologous Fat Grafting / Buttock Lift (Brazilian Lift),. Your result should be natural and achieve the optimum shape possible.
Q: How long is the recovery time following Buttock Enhancement?
A: Patients can go back to their normal daily activities after 2 days. Should avoid pressure on the buttocks for 3 weeks, so it is important to sit upright, taking your weight on your thighs rather than your buttocks. You should sleep on your front or side but not on your back, for 3 weeks following your Buttock enhancement. You should avoid vigorous activity for 6 weeks following Buttock Lift (Brazilian Lift), and 3 months following Buttock Augmentation with implants.
Q: What about the results?
A: The results are first and foremost natural. The goal is to provide the optimum shape which is in proportion with your size. Your personal wishes are important in deciding what is desired. Your result should make you look good and feel confident.
Q: How long do the results last following Buttock Augmentation?
A: The results of Buttock Augmentation will last from 12 – 18 months. A top up treatment is recommended at 12 months to maintain the desired result. The results for Autologous Fat Grafting / Buttock Lift (Brazilian Lift), and Buttock implants are expected to be long lasting to permanent. However, fat grafting may require a further treatment to achieve the desired result and implants may need to be revised or replaced in the future.