VASER Liposuction London
Liposuction is a Plastic Surgery operation to reshape areas of the face and body by removing excess fat that does not respond to diet and exercise, in order to achieve a more aesthetic facial or body shape.
Why have VASER Liposuction Fat Removal?
VASER Liposuction is performed to remove excess fat that does not reduce following exercise and diet. Liposculpture or Liposuction aims to improve body shape and self-image enabling you to wear the clothes you want. Liposuction or Liposculpture as it is often referred to is carried out to correct abnormal fat deposits; under chin, neck, male chest (Gynaecomastia),and lower body (Lipodystrophy). Abnormal or excess fat deposition can arise from a familial trait or simply as a result of the changes of aging. Fat deposition in the lower body and legs (Lipodystrophy) commonly has a genetic link and can prove difficult for the patient to reduce with diet and exercise but is suitable for VASER Liposuction.
Fat deposition in the male chest (Gynaecomastia) is relatively common and rarely responds to diet and exercise but is suitable for VASER Liposelection, Liposuction, Liposculpture, or PAL Liposuction.
Many patients are troubled by these fat deposits that can readily be treated by Liposuction. However, this should not be undertaken lightly, but should be part of your program of diet and exercise to improve your body shape, fitness and tone. You should aim to reduce your weight as much as possible prior to any VASER liposuction surgery.
Liposuction involves removing fat by the use of suction (aspiration), through a metal tube (cannula). This can be performed using a simple manual liposuction technique or Power Assisted Liposuction, (PAL). Manual liposuction suction techniques are suited to relatively small areas whilst PAL Liposuction or VASER Liposelection facilitates rapid, safe and significantly less traumatic liposuction treatment for large areas.
Liposuction is commonly performed at the time of many other surgical procedures and will frequently be used in conjunction with surgery. These include Facelift, Breast Uplift (Mastopexy), Breast Reduction, Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck), Male Chest Reduction and many other procedures are combined with Liposuction, Liposculpture or VASER Liposelection.
The type of Liposuction and Liposculpture surgery required to achieve the best result for you will depend on the amount of excess fat and involved areas and will be discussed at the time of your Consultation at London Bridge Plastic Surgery. Remember VASER liposuction surgery will not change you or solve any life crises but should boost your self-confidence and enjoyment of life. Non – surgical body contouring treatments are available at London Bridge Plastic Surgery which may be suitable if liposuction is not indicated or desired.
What is the cost of VASER Liposuction?
The cost for VASER Liposuction surgery starts from £2500 which may vary depending on your individual case, and includes your pre-operative and post-operative care. You will be provided with a detailed quotation following your Consultation. Please read more about our Fees at LBPS
Liposuction, Liposculpture, VASER Liposelection FAQ
- DRESSINGS – Dressings applied after Liposuction may be changed if excessive drainage. Place Micropore tape on small scars. Wear your liposuction garment day & night for 3 weeks and then during the day for another 3 weeks. May shower in liposuction garment and dry with hairdryer.
- BRUISING & SWELLING – There should only be minimal bruising following Liposuction – Liposculpture which will disappear after 10-14 days. Take Arnica Tablets. Most of the swelling will be reduced by 3 weeks after your Liposuction – Liposculpture. However, for a complete result – normal appearance,allow 3-6 months after your Liposuction – Liposculpture. Avoid aspirin and ibuprofen type painkillers for 2 weeks after your Liposuction – Liposculpture.
- STITCHES: Not used routinely at the time of Liposuction – Liposculpture, but if necessary very fine and will dissolve in about 2-3 weeks.
- EXERCISE: Rest for 5-7 days after your liposuction. No Vigorous exercise for 6 weeks following liposuction. Swim and gentle exercise after 4 weeks. Shower day after your Liposuction – Liposculpture surgery +/- garment.
- EFFECTS: Uncomfortable for a couple of days after your Liposuction – Liposculpture. May be lumpy under the skin for a couple of weeks. Lymphatic massage may be beneficial to improve recovery following your Liposuction – Liposculpture.
Liposuction, Liposculpture Operation Summary
Before your Surgery
- Weight – Should be close to ideal weight before liposuction. Liposuction is not an alternative method of reducing weight.
- Drugs – Avoid aspirin/ibuprofen type analgesics for 3 weeks before and after your liposuction.
- Smoking – It is advisable to stop 3 weeks before surgery and at least 2 weeks after liposuction.
Your Liposuction, Liposculpture Surgery
- Scars – Small stab incision near to areas to be treated by liposuction.
- Sutures – If necessary,dissolving,buried.
- Dressings – Firm,supportive liposuction garment for to 3 weeks day and night and for 3 weeks during the day only.
After Your Surgery
- Dressings – Supportive elastic liposuction garment (i.e. cycling shorts,snug girdle) worn day and night for 3 weeksafter your Liposuction – Liposculpture, then for a further 3 weeks during day.
- Showering – Permitted on day 2 after your liposuction, with garment intact for 5 days.
- Exercise – Avoid vigorous exercise for 6 weeks following your liposuction.
- Care of areas – Gentle massage 2 weeks after your Liposuction – Liposculpture, helps reduce hardening and lumpiness.
Potential Problems / Risks
- Pain – Moderate discomfort expected after your Liposuction – Liposculpture. Avoid Aspirin/Ibuprofen type analgesics.
- Wounds – Oozing from incision site common after larger volume liposuction. Will resolve in 24 – 48 hours.
- Bruising – Frequent. Spreads out from areas treated. May last 2 – 3 weeks after your
- Liposuction – Liposculpture.
- Numbness – Resolves after 2 -3 months following Liposuction – Liposculpture.
- Skin irregularity – Indentation, waviness may persist after liposuction, gradual improvement over 3 to 6 months.
- Occasionally irregular contouring requires further treatment.
- Lymphatic massage can improve irregularity and scarring.
- Recommended start treatment about 2 – 3 weeks post-op.
- Scars – Occasional hypertrophic scar(s) may take 12 – 18 months to resolve.