LBPS Tips for skin protection as Autumn weather advances
London Bridge Plastic Surgery is acutely aware of the damage caused to skin with each season, and now that Autumn is officially upon us, this is an important time for skin protection.
Our top tips for taking care of your skin during the harsh Autumn months include:
* Exfoliate the damage away – after weeks of potential sun damage, and wet windy Winter months on the way, make sure you thoroughly exfoliate dry, dead, dull skin to give fresh and healthy skin cells the opportunity to shine. We recommend ZO Offects Hydrating Cleanser.
* Rehydrate skin regularly – excesses of bad weather exposure, alcohol and caffeine can all take their toll during the Autumn. Rehydrate your skin with water daily. Book your Jet-Peel Facial for intensive hydration. Remember that fresh fruit and vegetables contain lots of water, too, so stock up on lettuces and oranges.
* Boost skin activity – this is best achieved by using rejuvenating skin treatments, especially those containing retinol which are excellent for increasing cellular growth in skin. We recommend Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5% at night or ZO Radical Night Repair Plus.
* Exercise yourself and your skin – regular exercise as part of a balanced, healthy lifestyle is one of the best ways to take good care of your skin during the Autumn. Brisk 30-minute walks, for example, can help to moisturise your skin naturally.
* Spoil your skin – treat yourself and your skin to a Pumpkin Peel or our signature Inglefield facial for the ultimate skin restoration and rejuvenation, and also give you the opportunity to rest, relax and unwind.
* Keep moisture in mind – Autumn is a difficult time of year for the skin, with high winds a common feature of our weather. Make sure you moisturise regularly, to protect your skin and assist skin cell growth. We recommend Skinceuticals Sheer Mineral UV Defence SPF50 or ZO Ossential Daily Power Defence.