Skin Peels / Obagi Blue Peel London
Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE
What is Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE?
Blue Peel RADIANCE is an addition to the Obagi medical range. It contains a unique blend of salicylic, Glycolic and Latic acid to provide a gentle but effective peel, resulting in tighter, smoother, brighter looking skin immediately after one use. Salicylic acid based peels are used to improve patient outcomes for a range of skin conditions, including acne, photo damaged and melasma. Blue Peel RADIANCE effectively exfoliates the uppermost damaged skin layers, leaving your skin fresh, renewed and radiant.
What results can I expected?
Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE can improve your skins look, texture and feel, in a matter of minutes.
Superficial exfoliation, with little to no down time.
Provides instant radiance, tighter, smoother, brighter, looking skin after just 1 treatment although a series of 4-6 peels provides best overall results. It is particularly effective, in the treatment of photo damaged, and the results in an overall improvement in the texture and tone.
How do I prepare my skin prior to the peel?
Patients should avoid use of the following products and procedures on the area to be treated for 5-7 days prior to the peel:
- Laser Hair Removal
- Waxing or depilatory creams
Certain products may increase skin sensitivity and/or cause a stronger reaction to the peel, avoid the use of the following products for the 3 days prior to the peel.
- Topical retinoids and tretinoin (including Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Trzorac, Refissa)
- Other topical acids or exfoliants that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acids [AHA’S], beta hydroxyl acids [BHA’S], exfoliating masks, retinol, benzoyl peroxide)
How do I care for my skin post peel?
Mild peeling and redness is normal. Please consult with your physician prior to returning to your normal skincare regime (usually 5-7 days after application of Blue Peel RADIANCE)
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 always, especially for the week post peel. Recommend sunshield SPF50
- Avoid direct sun exposure
- Treat skin gently
- Do NOT exfoliate or pick at peeling skin
- Do NOT wax or use any form of hair removal during the peeling stage
- Avoid AHA’S and BHA’S, retinoids, facial products containing fragrance for 1-week post peel.
Common Contraindications include
- Active cold sores, herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated
- Wounded, sunburned or excessively sensitive skin with the application area
- Currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Dermatits of inflammatory rosacea within peel area
- Accutane use within 6-12 months prior the peel application
- History of radiation therapy in the area
- Allergy to salicylates
Prior to any skin peel treatment, you will be offered a skin consultation that will allow you to discuss your skin care goal and expectations with one of our highly trained skin aesthetician. Recommended products for a required period may be advised, this is so we can ensure your skin is healthy and stable before carrying out a skin peel.