Labiaplasty, also known as Labia Reduction, Labia Reshaping or Female Genital Plastic Surgery is a specialist plastic surgery procedure to reduce the size of and reshape the labia minora (inner lips) and labia majora (outer lips).
Figures show that of women undergoing labiaplasty, 100% are concerned about the aesthetic appearance of their labia, 91% report discomfort in the clothes caused by their labia, 69% feel discomfort when doing sports and a significant amount report discomfort during intercourse.
Why have Labiaplasty?
- An abnormally enlarged labia minora and majora can be problematic for many women in both appearance and comfort.
- Labia Reduction can relieve the discomfort caused by enlarged labia.
- Labiaplasty is carried out to restore the appearance of the labia and improve self-image and self-confidence.
Why choose LBPS?
- We’ll listen to your concerns and ensure that you have realistic expectations of your treatment.
- Our surgeons’ understanding and knowledge of the anatomy is second to none to ensure that you will achieve the best possible result.
- We understand that this is a sensitive issue.
- Our caring team are known for our patience, empathy and kindness.
- We pride ourselves on our integrity and honesty and will make you feel relaxed and at home in our five star clinic.
Read a detailed Labiaplasty diary here from one of our patients.
What is the cost of Labia reduction / Labiaplasty?The cost for Labia Reduction surgery starts from £3700 which may vary depending on your individual case, and includes your pre-operative and post-operative care. You will be provided with a detailed quotation following your Consultation. Please read more about our Fees at LBPS
Labia Reduction can relieve the discomfort caused by enlarged labia.
An abnormally enlarged labia minora and majora can be a source of physical discomfort and psychological distress for many women. In addition to the appearance of their labia women might also dislike the sensation that such a condition produces and often wonder what can be done about it. Some just feel that it’s ‘one of those things’ that they will have to live with – enlargement of the labia can be caused by pregnancy and childbirth or even some sports or hormonal effects.
At London Bridge Plastic Surgery we have a professional and caring team that will listen closely to your questions, your expectations and what you want from plastic surgery. This is especially so when discussing labiaplasty at LBPS. We’ve found that many women are often too embarrassed to seek help – they need a caring, supportive and specialist team to help restore the best cosmetic appearance possible.
The operation is normally carried out under general anaesthetic as a day case and involves removing the excess labia tissue and refashioning the labia with minimal scarring. You will always have your consultation and follow up appointments with our surgeon Mr Christopher Inglefield and will get to know our close knit team during your visits to our clinic. If you would like to know more please do call us on 0207 487 0900.
Before and after images
Everything You Need to Know About: Labiaplasty
Labiaplasty is increasingly becoming one of the most sought after surgical procedures in the UK. It is a surgery designed to reduce the size of the labia minora – the flaps of skin on either side of the vaginal opening. …