Here at LBPS our skincare professionals have access to exclusive treatment products that can be used to customize any facial treatment, available through authorized skinceutical skincare professional, these targeted solutions complement skinceuticals professional peels.
Many skin imperfections are the result of sun damage, acne, ageing or a build-up of dead skin cells that clog the pores making the skin appear dull, spotty, wrinkled, scarred and patchy.
Skin Peels are one of the most popular, non-invasive cosmetic procedures to rejuvenate the appearance of the skin and giving the complexion a boost. A chemical peel will leave the skin feeling smoother, healthier, plumper and tighter. This treatment can also be performed on neck, décolletage and hands as well as face.
A skin Peel effectively reduces eliminates or helps to reduce many skin imperfections including
- Dark circles
- Fine Line and wrinkles
- Sun spots
- Rough patches and dry, scaly skin
- Post acne scarring
- Enlarged pores
Contra-indications to a Skin Peel
- Active cold sores, herpes simplex or warts in the area to be treated
- Wounded, sunburned or excessively sensitive skin with the application area
- Currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Dermatitis of inflammatory rosacea within peel area
- Accutane use within 6-12 months prior the peel application
- History of radiation therapy in the application area
- Allergy to salicylates
Post Peel Instructions
It is crucial to the health of your skin and the success of your peel that these guidelines are followed.
- It is important to use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 week.
- Your skin maybe more red than usual for 2-5 days. Please avoid strenuous exercise during this time
- Patients should avoid exposure to heat sources as these may induce sensitivity and swelling
- Approximately 48 hours after the treatment your skin may start to peel. The peeling will generally last 2-5 days. DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN. Allow the skin to peel at its own pace
- When washing the face do not use any exfoliating scrubs for up to 1-5 days
- The regular use of alpha hydroxy acids(AHA) products or bleaching creams can only be resumed ONLY after the peeling process is complete
Gel Peel Treatment 45min
- Ideal as an initial peel for sensitive skin
- Prepares the skin for extractions
Expert Mircopeel 20 Treatment 45mins
- Mircopeel 20/30 solution treats advanced signs of photoaging, wrinkles and dullness
Pigment Balancing Peel 45min
- Targeting hyperpigmentation to improve photodamage skin, melasma, and acne
- Combines brightening & anti-inflammatory agents with a peeling solution.
Prior to any skin peel treatment, you will be offered a skin consultation that will allow you to discuss your skin care goal and expectations with one of our highly trained skin aesthetician. Recommended products for a required period may be advised, this is so we can ensure your skin is healthy and stable before carrying out a skin peel.
What are the benefits of a Skin Peel?A Skin Peel removes multiple layers of dead skin cells from the surface of the skin which then stimulates new cell growth and collagen production revealing healthy new cells underneath, resulting in a smoother, more youthful looking complexion.
- Helps to reduce visible signs of photoaging, including fine lines and wrinkles
- Improvement of skin strength and general conditions
- Decreases the frequency of acne breakouts and fades the appearance of post-acne discolouration.
- Tightens and detoxifies the look and feel of the skin
- Maintains and enhances the benefits of Skinceuticals homecare regimen
How do Skin Peels Work?Your skin naturally sheds millions of skin cells every day, but the shedding process can come to a screeching halt due to sun damage, genetics, or various skin disorders. The not too pretty results are unmistakable dull, dry, clogged, enlarge pores, blackheads, flaky skin, wrinkles, loss of firmness and uneven skin tone.
To get rid of all that build up we use AHA’S (alpha hydroxy acids, such as glycolic and latic acids) and BHA’S (beta hydroxy acids, also known as salicylic) exfoliants come in to play.
Skin Peels use fruit acids such as Latic, Mendelic, Glycolic and Salicylic acid which are from natural derivatives.
The fruit acids in the peel solution penetrate in to the deepest layer of the skin, the dermis. This then speeds up the cell turnover which refreshes and promotes healthier, plumper skin cells the action rejuvenates the skin. In addition, the acids will help to un-clog pores, reduce inflammation and regulate excessive oil production.
What does the Procedure involve?Your skin Aesthetician will start by cleansing your skin this will help the active ingredients penetrate. Skin peels are applied to the skin for up to 5 minutes depending on skin sensitivity, and then washed off. The sensation of a skin peel will vary from person to person this is due to skin tolerance, skin condition, strength of peel and home care products being used. Most common feeling from skin peels are tingling, warmth and tightness. These all mean the active ingredients are penetrating the lower layers of the skin and are working effectively for maximum results.