Plastic Surgery Office Employee Recruitment
Due to continued expansion within the Clinic, we currently are looking for two Practice Nurses for our busy clinic. These are both full time positions based at our clinic in Wimpole Street, West London with a salary from £28,000 to £30,000.
London Bridge Plastic Surgery is a 5* plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery clinic; so passion for delivering the highest levels of patient care and the ability to anticipate patient needs is essential. You will be working closely within a small clinical team made up of two Practice Nurses, a Clinical Manager and the Medical Director, but you’ll need to work closely with the other Therapists and Administration team to ensure smooth running of the business.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting Clinical Manager with the on-boarding of all new members of the team
- Ensuring patient files, including their details, and required documentation are accurate and complete prior to their consultation with their care provider
- Welcoming all patients in reception, being their chaperone and mentor for the duration of their visit
- Attending patient consultations, recording important data such as photographs, medical and social information, and assisting the Consultant as required
- Contacting patients pre-operatively at the time of booking and 1-2 weeks before surgery to ensure they have required all the required information pertaining to their procedure or surgery
- Attending hospital on day of surgery, admitting and consenting patients, including pre-surgery photographs and garment check.
- Assisting the surgeon and scrub nurse during complex surgeries as required
- Contacting patients the day after surgery or visiting them if an overnight stay in hospital, to ensure they are comfortable, have adequate pain relief and other medication prescribed. Discussing any questions or concerns at that stage, and ensuring no patient has unanswered questions
- Attending and/or hosting post-operative appointments at Clinic and handling post-operative treatment including change of dressings, removal of sutures and/or drains. Reinforcing post-operative instructions to aid patients recovery
- Ensuring that all patient files are returned to reception for filing after each appointment
- Assisting in patient enquiries either by email or telephone, ensuring any concerns are dealt with immediately
- Ensuring patient management system/database is kept up-to-date and accurate at all times with very detailed notes, medical history, photos, and contact details
- Supporting Business Manager in the preparation of Care Standard reports, including keeping all policies and procedure documentation up-to-date
- Working with Business Manager and Property Manager to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and CQC standards
- Ensuring all patient complaints are recorded in the Patients Complaints log and Business Manager is immediately aware
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient running of the Clinic
Please note there may be two positions available as per above, one of which would include the following additional point:
- Following training for Electrolysis, assuming primary responsibility for all Electrolysis treatments and patient care at least one day per week. There may also be opportunity to undergo further IPL training for facial rejuvenation and hair removal to support Senior Therapist with any overflow.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
These jobs are also being advertised on totaljobs.co.uk
Schedule A Consultation
In The Media
Mr. Christopher Inglefield and London Bridge Plastic Surgery regularly feature in the media.