B-Lite Breast Implants London
- What is a lightweight B-Lite implant?
- What are the advantages to the patient?
- How do the lightweight B-Lite implants improve on previous implants?
- Are B-Lite implants safe?
In our commitment to bring you the very best in technological advances and efficacy of treatments, we are pleased to introduce lightweight B-Lite implants. Due to the superior safety and health benefits of these implants compared to others on the market, we firmly believe B-Lite to be the next generation of implants that offer the best option for our breast augmentation patients.
What is a lightweight B-Lite implant?
The implant is filled with a microsphere enhanced silicone gel. The shell is of standard industry silicone, and the gel allows for a weight reduction of 30%. The microspheres, made from high purity and biocompatible borosilicate are fixed into the cohesive gel which allows for the weight reduction compared to normal implants.
In pre-clinical mechanical, chemical and biological tests, the results demonstrated that all tests were passed successfully. In fact there was superior product safety over standard implants.
What are the advantages to the patient?
- All the materials used in B-Lite are well known and biocompatible
- There is no change in the surgical procedure
- Patented microsphere-gel adhesion (no separation and leakage in case of implant rupture)
- Reduced gel bleed over the life of the implant
- Significantly less silicone gel in implant
- B-Lite gel is more transparent under mammography than normal silicone allowing more of the breast to be viewed
How do the lightweight B-Lite implants improve on previous implants?
Since the 1980’s, when the most popular size of implant was 250cc, there has been a steady increase in size preferential – in the 2000’s it rose to 350cc and larger. As a result of larger and heavier implants, gravitational effects have increased tissue elasticity, along with a number of other problems which have been seen.
These include: breast tissue atrophy, inframammary fold breakdown, deformity of the breast, traction rippling, prominence of implants through breast tissue, back and shoulder or neck pain, skin atrophy and stretch marks, accelerated Ptosis (Sagging), nipple and areolar complex displacement.
With these in mind, the lightweight B-Lite implant was developed.
The new lightweight B-Lite implant is able to:
- Reduce the gravitational effects
- Reduce the detrimental effects on the breasts in the long term
- Maintain optimum results for longer
- Make movement more comfortable
Are B-Lite implants safe?
In initial surgical testing in December 2013 with 50 subjects, there was a very high surgeon satisfaction in all 50 cases and 94% patients were satisfied with the procedure. It can therefore be concluded that the new Light Weight Breast Implant has proven Pre-clinical safety, early clinical safety and efficacy and may be a solution to limiting the soft tissue effects of breast implants.
A main safety advantage is that due to the composition of the gel and suspended microspheres, if there should be a rupture to the implant, the contents of the implant are less likely to leak into the surrounding tissue, a problem that can occur with other implants. Microspheres have already been proven in use in other medical devices.
The implants are the result of nearly ten years research, development and testing. The shell is by a market leader based in Germany who has over 25 years of experience, and a well-documented safety record.
To find out more about B-Lite implants, please contact a member of our team.